Help Casa Kids Heal, Grow and Create Bright Futures
Casa de Amparo was founded in 1978 to support children and families affected by and at risk of child abuse and neglect. Our goal is to provide innovative services for healing, for stopping child mistreatment of any kind, and for ending generational cycles of abuse.
We believe in teamwork, in individual initiative and in focusing our collective efforts on making a difference for abused and neglected children in the San Diego community. Over the years, many volunteers and professionals have dedicated their lives to providing the highest quality care and services to the children and families that Casa de Amparo services. The following are the core values that guide us:
- To demonstrate our commitment to preventing cycles of child abuse by remembering that at the heart of each program or service is a child who deserves to thrive without fear of abuse or neglect
- To be client-centered, focusing on the individual strengths and needs of each regardless of their time spent with us
- To protect, nurture and guide survivors of abuse and neglect
- To encourage healthy family relationships and connections
- To provide clients with supportive interventions beyond basic necessities
- To develop programs that prevent abusive behavior toward children and do so in a culturally sensitive, responsive and inclusive manner
- To support, educate and direct the energy of participating family members toward a positive and healthy home environment
- To equip clients with life skills and resources that enable them to become self-sufficient and successfully cope with the effects of abuse and neglect
- To partner with other private and public agencies for the benefit of our clients and to further the mission of Casa de Amparo
- To provide personal and professional growth opportunities for Board Members and staff to enable them to effectively carry out their duties and to speak publicly in order to break the cycle of abuse and prevent family violence.
- To maintain a Board of Directors who are knowledgeable about the issues that face abused and or neglected children, their families and the staff who provide services to them.
If you are seeking a career opportunity that both advances your skills and helps improve the lives of others, we invite you to consider Casa de Amparo. Click here for a list of current openings.